Friday, October 6, 2017

WHATEVER THE DAY MAY BRING

This was an assignment requiring the words...window shopping, diamond, Moon River, Truman Capote, Audrey Hepburn, 

Up in the morning
no clue what the day will bring

tho

Like a diamond ring
on a Christian woman
my first meal is faithful

Truman Capote would have a challenge 
creating a script 
and Audrey Hepburn would 
surely not star

in the theme of my morning
nourishment  

Moon River would not be the tune
playing while I consume
my habitual fare

My song would be more like a jingle
perhaps “The Wheels on the Bus”

It’s a childish grub I ingest ….

Even the commercial claims 
it is just for kids

Can you guess what it is?

Yes

Trix cereal in a bowl
no milk for moisture

straight out of the box

No window-shopping needed 
for my choice

Straight off the shelf
is how it works

so 

You may think this silly

but

My simple breakfast
uses little thought 
to create

which allows plenty of space
in my brain

to take on whatever the day 
may bring my way.

By Lynn Hahn



No comments:

Post a Comment