Sunday, January 29, 2017

WALKING THRU MEMORIES

Still working on projects...this one was 10 sacred things or memories. This was tough! So many memories from which to pick. I don't hold things sacred so ugh here's what I came up with. Hope you like it.
                                                                                 
I tend to not find things sacred
but rather memories 

Things can burn up in a fire
but memories are your’s forever

Like the first time I saw my son
when they laid him on my stomach

Like the look on my husband's face
when he said “I do’’

Like the look on my son’s face
when he too said “I do” to his sweet wife

Like the time as small child when my big brother 
put me on his handle bars
and we road to the park to carve bad words in a tree

Like the time I went to meet my Australian terrier 
when she was a puppy 
and she jumped into my arms claiming me 

Like the time I went to meet my Norfolk terrier 
when he too was a puppy
and looked into his eyes telling him “your gonna love me”

Like the time my son told me 
I was going to be a grandmother

Like the time I found out 
it was going to be a boy!

Like the time my son tried to teach me how to cook

Like the time my son and daughter- in- law came to my hotel room
to comfort me when I was overwhelmed by my upcoming divorce

These are memories I hold dear and often visit
especially when life gets just too hard…

By Lynn Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment