Friday, December 16, 2016

CHRISTMAS TREE

Just put this together. A very creative man inspired me to do this poem. Here's to you Fritz

Booties on the tree
for him or for me...

My mind is in a miasma
sight blinded

In a dream like state
trying to peek thru
what did I do
lose them along the way

Thoughts and visions begin
to dance in my mind

Pictures of him and me
I try to find

Instead nightmares
run thru my head

Lies choke me like a python getting ready to eat it’s prey
like axes chopping up bodies on their way
to bring pain to the innocent

Want to shed my skin
so I can begin
the journey back
to the booties on the tree

Is it too late
have I been dilatory

How can I get my mind sound
feet on the ground
---
I hear a faint noise
like dirt being shoveled on a coffin
it becomes louder and louder

I hear foot steps
people talking
crying begins to echo in my ears

Where am I
it’s dark and cold
I am alone

Then I hear him ... a little boy
he speaks to me

You are not alone
I’m here with you

I am the one that put the booties on the tree
they are for you and me

I forgive you and love you
soon you will be free

No more confusion or pain or rain
just a hand to hold

I’ll take you to the place that is never cold
said the little boy who put the booties on the tree.

By Lynn Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment