Tuesday, December 27, 2016

FORGIVENESS

Not much to say about this subject. The poem says it all. Enjoy

Forgiveness is my best friend
She gives such relief 

Finding my best friend 
can be such a challenge

She often hides in corners of my mind
plays hide and seek with my heart

I continue to search 
determined to find her
---

It’s so hard to let go
and let her do her magic

It’s easier to sit in the dark closet
holding onto anger

Anger is black and painful
it takes from my soul

It lies and cheats
and clings to my thoughts

It entices me 

and pretends to be my salvation
It can feel so good 
And so earned
---

Pushing anger away
and running for forgiveness

Takes strength 
it can escape the weak 
---
Fortunately forgiveness is sweet
I always seem to find her 

She wipes away my tears
and hugs my bones

She kisses me where it hurts
she gives such relief

Forgiveness she is my best friend
my very very best friend.



By Lynn Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment