Thursday, December 15, 2016

GRUMP LAND

Just finished this has a bit of work yet but cute don't you think

Who could have known that’s who he was
a man of Grump Land

His past added up to insecurity 
that came out of his mouth 
in the form of lampooning

Aspersion dribbled from his orifice
leaving a need for estuaries 
in his Grump Land for humans 
to gain protection from his salty words
---

Yet there was a sweet spot amongst the 
weeds and storms

A place he hid from most
but I saw it

He let me experience it
and it was brighter than 
any star the Milky Way had to offer

The sweetness I felt there was like an endless
stream of syrup flowing into a lake of pancakes
---

There was a gravitational attraction
from the very commencement 
of our encounter

He did not take me to Grump Land
until I had been well introduced to his Milky Way

---

When we got to Grump Land I was confused
and heart broken
he had not spoken of this place

I tried to escape but the memory of his Milky Way
made me want to stay
but I ran

What followed was a maze of confusion 
as I ran thru tunnels connecting the two worlds Grump Land and his Milky Way 
trying to find which one was real

My hope was that his Milky Way was de facto 
and Grump Land was hallucinatory
maybe something I ingested during my sojourn at his Milky Way  
perhaps a bit too much syrup on my pancake caused the illusion
---

I ran into a few Homo sapiens that inhabited in the tunnels on my path thru 
I inquired for directions
there was a man at a beach that said I would find many others on my passage 
that was all he could offer

At least I knew there was a way out because others had found it 
but I could find no foot prints
perhaps they are endlessly traveling digitigrade in fear of leaving prints that could be found 
tip toeing with calves cramping from the long distance needed to escape
---

While in the tunnels I would see a glimpse of his Milky Way 
it gave me hope 
so I would try to ascertain which direction would bring me to it
when I saw Grump Land peering thru I would sprint away as swift as my feet would take me

It seemed like I was in the tunnels for months
my stomach began to ache from famishment
but I had no sustenance to provide it relief
I had not come prepared for this journey
---

I did not see him while on my route
he would speak to me from waves in the air

His words were so kind and alluring
they allowed me to rest for short stints 
the slumber offered wonderful dreams but also nightmares
---

Who created this man from Grump Land
what made him tick I wondered

I came across a good witch within the tunnels
she was tending to her treasures of which she seemed to have many

She shared that the man in Grump Land had been born there
and was trying to escape himself but had not been able to do so yet

He lived with a family who were blind
they could see no beauty  just judgement

---

I spent some time with the good witch
she fed me and gave me a place to doze
I was incircle by beautiful flowers one being a rose
the smell was so wondrous 
---

I wish I could say I have found my way out of the tunnels
that would not be accurate

I have found many who dwell there
they have taken me in
shared their tales
fed me and clothed me

It’s an interesting place to be between two worlds
---

I have not heard the Man from Grump Land speak for quite a while

If we meet on the way out of the tunnels I hope to be able to greet him with a smile
then perhaps walk out of Grump Land 
hand in hand

Make a new land filled with happiness and joy 
find our way to his Milky Way 

What a great ending that would be 
wouldn’t you agree.

by Lynn Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment