Wednesday, December 7, 2016

THE LIFE OF AN ACTOR

I'm going to do an open mic on December 9th 2016 where I understand some young folk are up for practice in hope of improving their skills in the arts. I wrote this for them. I have been in the acting industry for over 40 years doing this and that. Wanted to pass this on to them.

So you want to be a movie star
recognized for who you are

Get ready for a tough ride
to stay on the positive side

It can  get you down
when there are no jobs around

You go on so many interviews
you start to get confused

Who am I suppose to be
which lines do I read

You walk in the room
see you're wrong for the part

But you still have to give it all your heart

Tough stuff

Is it worth it
---

You bet

When you walk on the set
the energy is so high
feels like you're walking on air

Soon you just don't care
about rejection

You throw out your lines
like a seasoned pro

Know just where to go
with your character

So wait those tables
pour that beer

Know your next role is
ever so near.

By Lynn Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment