Thursday, December 22, 2016

SPOILED BRATS

Who’s driving this car!

Going down the emotional road
no one at the wheel

Not a good deal

Looking back wishing I could 
grab control

Take us where we want to go
---

Instead two children 
fighting in the back seat

When will we get there! 
we scream

No grown up around

Minds confused
tempers real

Tires squeal
---

Going too fast
want to open the door 
and jump out

But my heart is there
wish I didn’t care
tension in my body 
and in the air
---

No seat belts to defend us
nothing to grip on to
---

The pavement never ending
confused hurt feelings sending
me to a place I do not want to go

Help me!
I scream

no one to hear me…
---
I want to let go
but no 

I hang on 
like a water skier who’s lost her board 
lids flapping in the lake

Release your hold!
they all yell

Easier said than done…
---

Is it a dead end street
no hope for us to complete

Will we take this to our graves

Broken hearted and alone

Will we ever graduate 
from kindergarten 

Or be spoiled little brats
forever.



By Lynn Hahn




No comments:

Post a Comment