Tuesday, December 20, 2016

TEARS

This poem is from my book "Pretty Tears" the book contains 13 poems (13 being and unlucky number) that tell a love story sort of sad but it does have a good message

How many tears can one girl cry ?
It depends on the lie…

The world often is not what is seems

Broken hearts
Broken dreams

How many tears can one girl cry?

What seems real is often make believe
a part of the truth but not complete

My heart is often not considered

I am real and my heart beats

Beauty is skin deep
The heart is deeper

How many tears can one girl cry?

I am not a basket or a vase
I am not for purchase or for sale

My tears are salty like all others...

Only part of the truth was told

Only one picture was given
Not all

How many tears can one girl cry?

The ice cream man and blue eyes were the lies
They broke my heart 

For them I cry

I need to be free

For some day the truth may come to my door

It may hold me in it’s arms 
and wipe away my tears

How many tears can one girl cry?

She can cry
                      a river.



By Lynn Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment